Treat yourself to the new AeroGarden Farm 24plus! Creating produce at home is a fantastic way to indulge your family in nutrient-rich vegetables that they can add to their plates or blend in a juicer. The AeroGarden Farm 24plus is an ideal size for the whole family, and you have the ability to grow tall plants.
Do you already have an AeroGarden? Are you planning on upgrading your old system to the new Farm 24Plus?
Many people already have a smaller AeroGarden: 3 pods, 6 pods, 7 pods, 9 pods, or 12 pods and would love to upgrade to the 24 pods. The AeroGarden Farm Plus is the perfect size that allows you to grow tall plants such as tomatoes that require more room to grow and thrive in this new floor unit to a height of 24”, much higher than my harvest elite!
The AeroGarden has a Star Rating of 4.9 out of 5.
|Dimensions||22.56×91.44 x 82.55 CM|
|Date first Available||2 September 2020|
|Number of Pods||24 pods|
|Item Model Number||Farm 24 Plus|
|Light Wattage||60 Watts LED|
AeroGarden Wi-Fi App IOS/Android App
|Low Water Reminder||Yes|
|Dimmable Lights: Yes||Yes|
Amazon Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase, I will get a small commission, and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around. The information and opinions are mine and are not representative of the companies that create these products. My reviews are based on my personal experience and research. Read the full disclosure here
“To bring the magic of gardening in-home all year-round, and to inspire and enable people to enhance their food, their homes, and their lives through a simple and daily connection to what they grow.“
AeroGarden has now brought out their latest addition to their range of AeroGarden systems, called the Farm 24Plus, that is ideal for the floor.
“The Farm Family Grows Better than Ever”.
What comes with the AeroGarden Farm 24 Plus?
- The unit
- Choice of 2 seed pods kits: 24 Seed pods contain:
- Four small bottles of plant food
- Drain tube
- Recipe one-pager
- Smart trellis, easy to install, and is magnetic, you attach it to the ends of the stand
- Manual and assembly instructions
- Bolts and Allen key
- 60W LED Lighting System
- Power adapter
Assembling your new kit
Even though it looks difficult to set up, one person can assemble this unit, and it takes between 1 hour to 1 ½ hour. All you need to do is follow the step-by-step picture instructions on the sheet that came with your AeroGarden Farm 24plus.
Once you have assembled the kit, you will have a left-and right-hand side, and each unit holds 12 pods. I have a 6 pod AeroGarden Harvest Elite 360 and can vouch for the farm, plus it has more space between each hole for the pods. The new system allows more room between plants and root growth. If you decide only to plant one side, don’t connect the other side to the power. Set up your Smart system, adjust the height of your LED light.
While you are assembling, think about where you are going to put your new system because once you have put together the unit, it will be difficult to move.
The positives most certainly outweighs the cons of the Aerogarden Farm 24 plus
Pros of Aerogarden Farm 24 Plus
- Includes two seed pod kits: tomatoes (golden and cherry and lettuce and herbs (assorted)
- Will grow up to 24 plants, can grow two different crops, one on each side
- 100% germination guarantee
- Plants grow to a height of 24 inches
- High enough to grow tomatoes or peppers easily
- There’s room for larger plants to harvest
- Good Build quality overall that looks impressive
- Easy to use
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to assemble
- Produces enough fresh foods for an entire family
- It functions as two separate gardens in one
- Customisable controls,
- motorised lights
- Large grow bowls for each side.
- Grow large amounts of food all year round
- Plants grow naturally in Water
- No soil, no mess
- Energy Efficient 60W LED Grow Lights for Faster Growth
- Wi-Fi & Alexa Enabled – Control Your Garden with a Smart Device
- Hi-Resolution Touch-Screen Control Panel to take the guesswork out of growing your plants
- Dual motorised 60-watt LED Grow Light Panels
- Moveable Trellis System
- Separate Controls for Left & Right Side of Garden
- Auto water reminder lets you when to add water and plant food
- Large regular harvests-Enough for the whole family
- Touch-screen control panel with an interactive display
- Android or IOS App Control
- Four bottles of food
- Trellis system
- Quiet pump
- Contains storage compartments in the hood of the garden to store some extra items
Cons of Aerogarden Farm 24 Plus
- Space caps not included
- Lights are very bright
- Pump makes noise
- If the power cord is a bit short, you will need to place your system close to a power outlet.
- Takes a while to set up
- Set up where you intend to use it as it could be difficult to move
- Takes a lot of space
LED grow lights
The LED grow lights on the Farm 24 Plus suspend from the top frame; height is adjusted independently to suit each side. LED lights provide optimum daylight for your plants regardless of their size:
- The tailored spectrum of white, blue and red LED lights for optimal growth
- Two independently adjustable 60-watt panels are motorised
- Can be raised or lowered at the touch of a button
- Dimming adjustments to that gradually brighten and dim the lights when you want
- New Sunrise and Sunset Auto Light Dimming feature to reflect sunrise and sunset
- Touchscreen Control Panel
- To manage your garden’s features is a Free AeroGarden App for your smart device
- Separate light controls for the left and right side of the garden. Each set has its unique settings to optimise different varieties of plants at various stages of growth
- Raise and lower lights at the touch of a button
- At-a-glance view of the number of days planted and stage of growth
- Vacation Mode and come back to healthy and thriving plants
- Wi-Fi enabled and ‘just ask Alexa’ Garden is fully functional with without Wi-Fi
- Three levels of water alert-Full, Medium and Low (Low level shows in red)
Create a ‘Wall of Growth’
- Connect a series of Farm models with stacking kits
- Choose the gardens that fit your space
- Grow plenty of fresh herbs, salads, vegetables
Regular Care and Cleaning
- Regular pruning of plants for continued growth
As you can see, there is a lot you can do a lot with the new AeroGarden Farm 24 Plus. Your plants can grow tall, there’s plenty of room between the pods, setting up is easy, and it comes with choices of plant seeds. AeroGarden is living up to its mission of manufacturing modern technology to meet the demands and needs of customers and the future needs of families. Yes, of course, assembling the kit takes a while, but the steps are quite easy to follow. Positives certainly outweigh the negatives, and the LED lights suspend and easily adjustable makes this ideal for different varieties of plants and their heights.
In today’s high tech world smart controls are becoming the norm.
If you are an AeroGarden lover or would like to become one, I would love to hear your feedback on the systems, plants you have grown or issues you have faced and success stories.
My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products or create false reviews to make sales. I intend to explain products to make an informed decision on which ones suit your needs best. If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think about the article.