Are you struggling with AeroGarden lights? Now more than ever, people are taking an active interest in their health, and why not. You often wonder if your AeroGarden lights are operating efficiently or are as safe as the experts say they are.
AeroGarden has a range of units that have different lighting systems. Some are LED, and others are bulbs that look like fluorescent lights or small replaceable Bulbs.
Your New AeroGarden Unit has arrived
Your new AeroGarden countertop system base contains the controller.
- Grow bowl that is filled with water and nutrients
- Seed Pod holder where the pods are installed
- A pump which circulates the water and oxygenates the nutrients
- Grow lights
- Power outlet
- Grow Pods containing seeds
Have an AeroGarden unit image here
Are the AeroGarden lights Safe?
As we all know, water and electricity don’t mix; therefore, a great deal of care is required when operating your unit. However, in the operating manual that comes with your kit, it is pretty safe so long as you follow the instructions given for our AeroGarden unit. When doing anything with your AeroGarden, it is always best to turn your unit off at the wall and unplug it until you have finished.
Do AeroGarden LED Lights give off UV rays?
The answer is no. the grow lights are LED; they are white, blue, and red to encourage healthy growth and encourage plants to grow quicker than sunlight, which has UV.
How long do AeroGarden Lights need to stay on?
The recommended amount of time for your lights is about 16 hours of daylight and 8 hours of darkness. If you have set a timer for your lights, they will come on every day and turn off at the specified time.
5 steps to setting your AeroGarden Light Timer?
- Decide when you want the light to go OFF
- Ensure your grow lights are turned ON to reset the timer
- Press and hold the “Lights” button until the green indicator light starts to blink,
- then release the “Lights” button
- After the blinking stops (9 sec), the lights will go off
Your lights are not set to turn off at the same time every day. Follow the steps when you want to change the timer for daylight saving times.
How long do my AeroGarden Lights last?
The length of time for your lights before you have to replace them depends on the type of lights your unit is using. Bulb lights usually need to be replaced every 6 months, and LED lights will last sometime between 3 to 6 years.
Your AeroGarden LED lights will last between 2-5 years, on average 3 years
How much electricity do the LED lights chew up?
Did you know that to calculate how much energy your AeroGarden usage is calculated using a formula? I didn’t until I learned more about AeroGardens and how they operate.
To Work Out the amount of energy your AeroGarden uses
Number of hours per day X Wattage figure given for your model/(1000 to convert it to kilowatts) X 31 days per month x cost per kilowatts (charged by the electricity company)
Costing will vary from whichever company provides electricity and could increase annually.
- AeroGarden Farm will use about 126 watts x cost x number of days days
- AeroGarden Bounty uses 48 watts x cost
- AeroGarden Harvest uses 23 watts x cost
- AeroGarden Sprout 13 watts x cost
When do I raise the Garden Light?
Your lights need to be about 4 – 6 inches above the plant if you are using Bulbs. For LED, the lights need to be 1 to 2 inches above the plants.
You need to raise the lamp arm to the desired height. When you start growing your seeds, your grow lights Or LED lights need to be in the lowest setting.
Why is my AeroGarden light blinking?
When your AeroGarden light is blinking (generally after six months of use in bulbs), it tells you to replace your Grow Bulbs. You can order at www.aerogardensupport.com or your nearest retailer.
Once you have replaced your Grow Bulbs, you will need to press the “Reset” button to restart your light timer and turn off the flashing light.
Why are my AeroGarden lights not working?
There are several things you can do when troubleshooting finicky light
- Contact AeroGarden and report the issue to them. Your unit may still be covered by warranty
- Check your cable: Cable could be loose and not able to make contact.
- Check the timer on your lights; it could be turning off at the wrong time.
- Readjust your lights by lowering them and pushing the pins in to place.
Why are my AeroGarden LED lights strobing?
If you have a model that uses 2CFL bulbs in the hood, you can upgrade your lights to a more energy-efficient LED hood.
Your LED ultralights may flicker. You might turn them on as you usually would, and they start to flash so much that you end up turning them off. Turning them on and off doesn’t seem to stop the flickering. The flickering of the lights means the AC/DC converter that operates your LEDs is faulty,
What to do:
- Turn them on and off again for LED lights
- You can order new LED lights through customer service. They cannot be ordered online; you will need to order by phone
- Check the manufacturers’ date; you will find it at the bottom of the AeroGarden tub.
- Buy replacement transformers on eBay (110v-240v-24v transformers)
- You will need to desolder the old one off and resolder the new one back on
- If you have an ancient model and you find the lights are not replaceable. You can buy LED lights through Amazon or eBay.
Can I change the LED light on my AeroGarden?
You can install the LED Lights yourself, but it is recommended that an electrician connect the wiring.
Where do I buy replacement lights for my AeroGarden
There are times you will need to replace your Grow Bulbs. You can order online at www.aerogardensupport.com.
To change your bulbs:
- Unplug your AeroGarden
- Ensure your bulbs are cool before removing
- Remove old Grow Bulbs when cool and discard carefully
- Insert your new Grow Bulbs into the Lamp Hood
- Plugin your aeroGarden unit and press the “Reset” button to restart your grow bulb timer.
Follow the 5 steps above to reset your timer
Ensure your AeroGarden lights are working correctly. Bulb lights will need to be changed more often than LED Lights.
Growing your homegrown vegetables or herbs are beneficial to your health and packed with high nutrients, much more than the garden variety.
Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on my website contain affiliate links, making a small commission on purchases at no extra cost to you. Thank you for taking an interest in my site and reading my posts. Click here to read my full disclosure.
If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear what you think about the article.
My reviews are based on my personal own experience and research. I never recommend poor quality products or create false reviews to make sales. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decision on which ones suit your needs best. If you have any questions about this post’s content, please leave a comment below I would love to hear what you think about the article.