Ever since the invention, AeroGarden has developed a successful range of benchtop indoor gardening systems for the kitchen. Not experienced in gardening? No problem at all! Are you looking to upgrade? Is your current unit too small?
The AeroGarden Bounty is an indoor gardening system that is ideal for anyone wanting to grow their favourite salad greens, herbs, tomatoes or peppers indoors, in water, without all the mess of soil!
Prices vary between each AeroGarden unit and are primarily based on the number of pods. Pods range from 3 to 24. AeroGarden Bounty is a smart Indoor hydroponic gardening unit that holds up to 9 plants.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you may get a great bargain. It’s a win-win all around. Full Disclosure
Plants grow 5x faster in nutritional water than in soil and as high as 24 inches, making this unit ideal for taller vegetables. It’s a perfect size if you want to grow taller plants.
Purchasing an AeroGarden unit is a personal preference; you either have success or no success at all with the unit. AeroGardens are expensive, and replacement costs can be quite costly.
The Pros out-weigh the cons of this unit it lets you know when to add the nutrients and water by setting the timer and controlling the lights.
What will you plant?
If you are going to plant herbs, Basil is ready to harvest in 3 weeks. My unsuccessful herb has been Thyme. Mint and Parsley have been slow growers at first, then developing long thin strands. I also planted dill with excellent success, and yet I have read some reviews that say they had no success at all!
If lettuce is what you are looking to plant, these will be ready in about three weeks from growing.
When it comes to tomatoes, I’ve had no success growing them in the garden; Soon I intend to give tomatoes a try, it will be an experiment growing them in the AeroGarden unit for me.
What’s in the box?
- Sleek design, beautiful stainless steel bowl,
- Power adapter
- Quick set up guide
- bigger grow deck to allow plants more room to grow.
- Comes with a plant trellis.
- LED Light Hood that has 50 watts of white, red and blue LED lights, adjustable and dimmable
- Nine pod seed Kit (choices are: gourmet herbs, heirloom salad, red heirloom cherry tomatoes, cascading petunias, kale, Jalapeno peppers, pizza herbs, mixed romaine, Italian herbs and so much more.
- Bottle of liquid plant food
On the display feature is a small colour touch panel where you can adjust the time, it also shows you the water level, when you planted your seeds and how many days until you need to add nutrients. It will shine blue when connected.
The unit has several buttons:
- Vacation mode
- Quick plant guide built into the panel, you can select herbs, lettuce or tomatoes.
- Garden tips
- Light options, adjustments
- Access clock
- Wifi, Alexa enabled
- Pump tester
- Nine pods
- LED Lights
- 45 Wattage
- Growing Height 24″ to 34 inches tall-adjusting the lamp arm
- LCD touchscreen control panel
- 17.25 W x 11.25 D x 15-34 inches high
- One year warranty
Just drop in the non-GMO pre-seeded pods and watch them grow. 9-Pod Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit contains:
- Genovese Basil (x2),
- Thai Basil,
- Curly Parsley,
- Italian Parsley,
Plants are nurtured by a specially formulated Miracle-Gro liquid plant food, enough for a full season of growth. Also includes a 6-inch tall trellis. Seeds are all-natural & non-GMO
- Easy to assemble
- Plants grow very quickly
- Nine pods
- No soil, no mess
- Vacation control
- Alerts you when low on water and plant food
- Light control, dimmer
- 45w LED grow light for full spectrum, optimal lighting
- Ideal for taller plants
- Large water bowl
- Full-colour touchscreen with water and plant food reminders
- Infinite dimming grow lights
- Sunrise to sunset lighting
- Vacation mode for keeping plants thriving while you are away
- Supports Wifi
- Sends alerts to your phone
- Saves control settings in case of power outages
- Stay in control of the new features
- 3 step water level indicator
- Non-GMO seeds
- Starter herb kit, seeds are guaranteed 100% germination
- Very expensive
- Alexa connectivity can fail on testing
- LED lights attract insects indoors
- Lights too bright
- Can have issues modifying days planted
- Lights attract tiny little bugs, but it’s not all the time
I have harvested my dill, Basil and Thai basil, and then I pruned the roots as they were thick and healthy. It’s a good idea to prune the tops often but do not take more than one-third of growth from each plant.
Horrible little pests
Before I got my nine pods, I use a six pod Aero Garden Harvest Elite. So I know a little about irritating small bugs that enter the home, attracted by the light. The little pests are typical at certain times of the year and are annoying. I noticed it didn’t last long and was due to changes in the weather patterns. Coming out of winter, into spring, we had lots of lacewing flies that died and tiny little flying bugs. I was forever sweeping them off the outside walls and making sure they didn’t infest the plants in my AeroGarden too much. Sure, I could have used a spray, but I prefer to use water as I sprayed. I had to be careful not to get water onto the LED lights.
As your garden continues to grow, you will need to raise the lights. I love the herbs in my kitchen, and I found I use more than I ever did when they grow in the garden.
I’ve never been successful at growing herbs, salad greens or tomatoes outdoors. There always appears to be something wrong with my techniques or the not so much green thumb.
Since using my AeroGarden unit, I have tremendous success than in the garden!
Overall, the AeroGarden Bounty is a fantastic unit for growing more crops indoors. When I tested out my new unit, I found two of my herbs sprouted on the 3rd day and the rest not long after. Dill, Basil and Thai dill proliferated, whereas mint, Thyme and Parsley were much slower.
If you are an AeroGarden lover or would like to become one, I would love to hear your feedback on the systems, plants you have grown or issues you have faced and success stories.